Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, January 23, 2012

Lola's Cupcake Counter - Top Shop, Oxford Circus, London


Who opens a cupcake counter in the middle of a clothes store? Apparently, Lola's Cupcakes. It looks like the customers were so hungry that it was the only logical move. I guess.

Back in August last year, Top Shop was so packed that I didn't even try to get in. When I came back in December, a few days after the sale had started, it was almost empty. Anyway, I was browsing the store and there they were! Lola's Cupcakes! There aren't many people who could resist the colorfulness of their display. I sure couldn't. (I was secretly hoping I would get the cupcake in one of those blue boxes. And didn't. They serve them on a paper napkin.) You can have any of their 14 flavors in regular or tiny form. Regular cupcakes cost 2.25 £ and tiny cupcakes cost 1.10 £. I already wrote about their Selfridges cupcake ''bar'' last year.

I had the Rocky Road mini cupcake. I still don't know why, since I hate marshmallows. But it does look good with all that's happening on top of it. I didn't like it though. I give it 2 stars. When did I start giving stars for cupcakes? Oh, well. 


I also tried the Chocolate Milk Cupcake, which is a chocolate cupcake with vanilla buttercream frosting. It wasn't bad, but there was sooo much frosting! Thankfully, I keep a frosting-loving person with me at all times. Otherwise, I would've just thrown it away.


Verdict: if you are shopping for clothes in Top Shop on Oxford Circus and you suddenly get hungry during the 8-hour shopping spree, get a cupcake. I'm not sure who does that, but I guess there is a market for in-store cupcakes, otherwise they would've already closed this cupcake counter. If you're just a cupcake lover and you want to try Lola's cupcakes, you don't have to walk all the way up to Selfridges anymore. Yay!

Lola's Cupcake Counter
Topshop, Ground floor, Oxford Circus
6-38 Great Castle Street, 
London W1W 8LG

No comments:

Post a Comment